First off, I want to apologize for my blog being late, but at the same time I’m glad it is. I have been under the impression that I should change my goals to reflect where I am in life right now. I am searching, curious about my life design, and confused about the next step. I am sorry if I seem all over the place with my career. It is my fault for not sitting down and sitting still to listen to God. I am an action-oriented person… I am a doer. But doing without considering what God has plan can lead to stress, debt, and confusion. Three things that I am currently experiencing. Growing up, there were three things I loved doing: helping children, designing, and cooking.
How do all three of these things fit together? Are they part of my life design? Are these things a clue to what my purpose is? I don’t know, but after watching Oprah’s Master Class, I have a better understanding of how to listen for the Holy Spirit’s whisper, and watch for the hand of God to move in my life. I have no clue what to pursue right now, and I am tired of making plans, because they fail every time. But I understand that I am suppose to develop whatever God has given me, because I don’t know when and how it is suppose to be used.
The story of the three servants is a prime example of what we should be doing with what God has given us. God expects us to invest and develop what He has given us… including talent. even if you feel that you may not need it or you don’t see an opportunity to use what God has given you, invest and develop it anyway!!! If you don’t, you are going have the “stank face” like the third servant. You can’t produce fruit with the seeds still in your pocket, silly!!! Plant them! Water them!!! And when the opportunity comes, God can use what you have done to produce an outstanding result.
I have revised my goals in a way that will allow me to invest and develop me as a person AND what God has given me (talents). By next September 2012, I would like to:
1. Finish the Old Testament (I want to understand and learn more about who my Creator is. I can’t be in a relationship with someone I don’t know…)
2. Find a cause to support. (I am not sure what cause I want to devote most of my support to, yet. I have always admired people who found a cause and stuck with it, fought for it, and made a difference. It is something I truly desire in my life.)
3. Create a recipe book. (Even if I don’t become a chef, I have always wanted to have something to pass down to my kids. Something that they can value and pass down from one generation to the next. I think a cookbook will be something great my kids will enjoy.)
4. Keep a design portfolio. ( I want to get back into drawing and designing again. I will also add photography and video to my design portfolio. Art plays a big part of my life. It is the only medium that I have been able to fully express myself.)
5. Read at least 2 books a month. ( Simply put, I really need to step up my reading game.)
6. Get physically fit. (Because I cook more, I need to make sure I don’t gain more. Diabetes and high blood pressure run in my family. These things can be prevented if I keep my weight under control. Plus, I feel better mentally, spiritually, and physically when I exercise.)
7. Decorate my bedroom and bathroom. (These rooms were recently repainted, so my walls are bare. Though I could go out and by pictures and paintings to put on my wall, I want these rooms to be a reflection of me. So, I only want my artwork on the walls.)
Overall, my goals are reflecting that I should embrace each moment I have. To use every moment and every situation God has ALLOWED me to be placed in as preparation to for my blessing… to be placed into my divine purpose. You never know when your opportunity will come. I want to be ready. Are you ready to be placed into your divine purpose?