So I am a bit late in posting a blog update. I have just been so…I guess distracted. Finals are next week, I had two major assignments due last week which I so procrastinated on (as usual) so I was busy making sure things were submitted and then I just wanted to do a whole heap of nothing after that. But I saw that everyone else was doing the six month check in and I decided to see where I was on my goals as well, wanna read it..here it goes:
- Follow every prompting of the Holy Spirit-Hm. I think I have done really well. Ive worked hard on praying for people when their names or faces pop into my mind. I have also tried to refrain from doing things that just don’t sit well with me, but I have struggled a little bit lately with gossiping..which is so weird because I am sooo not the gossipy type but lately I have fallen into this trap. And I feel it when I am about to say something and boom I say it anyway. So I have been working on watching what I say and how I think.
- Do it afraid– well lets see 1) I applied and thank God was accepted into another job. 2)I was promoted on my job and accepted that position and 3)I entered into a new relationship. All three things scared the living daylights out of me, but I felt lead by God to step up and out and I thank Him for allowing me to grow the way I have over the past few months. I am a different woman.
- Try new experiences on purpose-I have tried to get out more socially, I have been to a few more plays,poetry readings and outings with the girls. I have tried to be waaay more spontaneous than I have in the past. I cut my hair so I could go natural a few months before we started radical 7even, but I am now at the point where I think I will actually start to embrace and wear my natural hair..which I did for maybe a week…so that will def be new. I have also gotten more comfortable with teaching anger management classes and found out that I actually really like teaching adults life skills, which is completely different for me because I usually work with youth.
- Do your best even when it seems failure is near– I have had a really hard semester in my MPA program. One word:Budgeting. I am not a big fan of math or formulas and this class is full of it. to top it off there’s a bit of a language barrier with my professor. he’s a really nice instructor but I am a visual learner and most of the time the excel spreadsheets are already filled in and not much explanation is given. I was so discouraged that I actually thought about switching programs. But i decided to focus on my ultimate goal:working as a executive director in the non profit sector. This helped me let go of the discomfort I feel now and plan for my future.
- Force my mind to focus on positive outcomes- I am the most fretful person I know, so I have really worked on speaking positive things to myself and those I love. I have done a really good job lately, but I did struggle in the beginning. I still freak out when bad news comes, but the freaking out part is dying down quicker each time 🙂
- Learn a minimum of one new activity or idea– I have really been working on my cooking and have expanded my cooking audience to my boyfriend lol so that means I am getting more confident.
- Read Daily/Question Daily -I have gotten a few inspirational/devotion books which have helped me redirect my questioning, but I haven’t read daily like I should in awhile. So this is something I will def. have to work on it.
- I also just wanted to include this picture, because it’s filled with all of the most important people in my life( besides my immediate family)..surrounded by love..i LOVE it