Well the start date for the second year of Radical7even is around the corner. I can’t believe it has been a year…and what a year has it been! I had a whole list of awesome,far out and radical goals…and then life happened. Today was a really rough day. I’ve been in my Masters program for a year and actually began questioning if I made the right decision since last spring. This semester had some tough professors, but I was ready for it…or so I thought. I’ve been in my second year for one month and I literally dreaded going to class..the subject matter overall was interesting but my heart wasn’t in it. I would sit in class and watch the clock something I’ve never done my entire college career. I began to feel, well lost and frustrated. I felt in my heart that I shouldn’t continue, but heck I’m four classes deep and starting on my second year..I even have a tentative graduation date. The longer I stayed the heavier my heart became…what’s in my heart?? My hearts desire and passion lies in empowering people and teaching skill classes. I love my current position as a family advocate and realize I want to do more direct service. My last radical act for my first yr…drop my program. After this long intro for my rad7even goals I will keep the goals themselves simple and expound at a later date
1) Build Radical faith- I’ve seen God do too many wonderful things this year yet I have anxiety about how things will turn out. This year I want to focus on the promises of God and speak them over my life and those connected to me-including those I might not have the “best of relationships” with.
2) “out of love” another goal this year is to love how God would have us to love. I realize that many times I have a motive for saying or doing certain things..or my selfish desire rises up and causes conflict. I want to learn to embrace God’s vision of other people’s.
3)read the Bible all the way through this year. Borrowed this from my girl Bey.
4) since I am no longer in my program I have more free time. With this free time I would like to take time to allow Daniel to explore his surroundings. So getting Daniel more actively involved in other activites is my goal.
5) Explore and hone my passion. It’s wonderful to have skills, its wonderful to have dreams, but unless you focus and build that skill set it will probably remain just an idea.
6) Get Daniel to recognize sight words by the end of this year. He’s still a little guy but I want him to be prepared for school.
7) Fully embrace my “natural”, I’ve been natural for two yrs, but I covered it up until a month ago. I want to explore different hair styles and my hair goal is to have shoulder length at the end of the year. ***cheers to the new year***