Last year my goals were very abstract as my brain was trying to wrap around the idea of Radical 7even. I made goals and listed a lot of things that would go towards that goal. I used them as suggestions and not as guidelines to achieve my goals. While this is fine, when it came time to evaluate myself, it was a little hard I am a seasoned grant writer, and I know what good outcome reporting looks like LoL
But I have grown and have set up some goals with objectives to meet. I have three goals that roll over from last year, and only one of them does not have objectives to achieve that goal; I felt defeated the purpose of not stressing out about that particular goal
So with out further ado, my Year 2 goals.
To continue my spiritual study through daily readings
1. Finishing reading the Bile. I have a daily Bible that lets me complete the book in one year. I am currently four months away from finishing it.
2. Read daily devotions or chapters in spiritual books each day. This will help me truly understand the ideas I read in the Bible
This on carries over and has no objectives because I have recently begin to stress out on this subject. I being open and taking small steps. But I am praying for the strength to make more radical moves. You will read more about this. J
Complete two short stories and submit them for publication. I have a children’s-book-like idea and two different short stories could be completed for magazine consideration. I have many short story anthologies that provide many sources on which to send these too
This rolls over from last year I almost didn’t include it because I did so well last year. But I know that if I don’t continue to make my health a priority, I will falter.
The biggest issues to get a routine in the following:
- Drink two glass of water a day even in winter
- Wear circulation socks each night even in summer
- Create and stick to an exercise regime (read on for more details on this goal)
- Work on emotional health by forgiving and learning new stress management techniques
This rolls over because my friends are so important to me. I vow to write, call or visit each friend at least once a month. With my HIS group being so extensive, this is a goal I will have to work hard to do. Facebook does not count toward this goal
As I approach 30, I am developing a woman’s body. While this is not a bad thing, it just means that I need extra effort to maintain my health.
- Create an exercise regime
- Doing ab and leg exercises four times a week
- Ride twice a week for cardio
- Ride in lessons and become comfortable with my canter
- Leave one day for rest (I have a tendency to get over zealous when I try to get into a routine)
- Create a saving account
- Put at least $25 in my savings account each pay check
- Create a budget that will help me save more and cut out “fun” spending. I am the type of person who knows they can’t take it with them and spends to enjoy life, and while this has good sides ( I pay my bills no problem), it leaves me without a cache for emergencies
Asking for your prayers for this new Radical Year!
Knock, knock, who’s there?
2012 is a brand new year
Cleaning house, singing songs
Shedding light and righting wrongs
“California 37” Train