I want to start with my radical moment from last week. I took a mental health day. I ignored phone calls and gave the reins of my family to someone else. I would like to thank my family for making me follow through with this glorious idea. It is hard for me let go and trust. Lately I am finding that there are people who I can count on for support. God put them there and I am so thankful. Here is where I am on my goals so far:
1) Stop taking away from my family to take on other people’s problems.- I am not making a lot of progress in this area. My husband pointed out to me that worrying about other people’s problems is the biggest cause of stress in my life. He is right. You would think most of my energy would go to my 7 special needs kids. So far I have said no once. I did bite my tongue a few times to keep from taking on someone else’s problem for them. I am taking baby steps. I just need to get rid of the guilt I feel for not overextending myself.
2) Maintain weight loss.-Thursday was my first doctor’s check-up since I lost the 20 pounds. My doctor was shocked and she said she was impressed at how healthy I had become. That made me feel really good about all the effort that I put into getting here. I am trying to keep up the healthy eating. Wavy Lays potato chips are a huge temptation. I have also been substituting green tea for my sweetened creamer filled coffee more which helps with my calories and is more relaxing. Keeping fit is not so much a problem. Most of the things I like to do are outside and involve a lot of physical activity. The stronger I get, the more I am motivated to push my body.
3) Catch up on all of my doctor appointments.- I had my Dermatologist appointment last week. I have to go every year for my psoriasis and to get checked for skin cancer. Psoriasis is triggered by stress but sunlight fights it. She said my skin looked good. They recommend sunlight for me where dermatologists tell other people to slather on sunscreen. I need the sun to stay healthy. I have that in common with the plants that I love so much. I am still behind on two other doctor appointments. I have made one appointment but I still need to call about the dreaded dental exam.
4) De-clutter…..Uh no. I have not done well here. I seem to barely keep up. I think the best way may be a yard sale if I did not work every weekend. I think Goodwill is going to benefit from this. I just have too much stuff here to organize.
5) Upgrade my beloved pets’ living areas.- I recently adopted 2 wild kittens with little bobbed tails. They have tamed up nicely. One is orange. The other is a calico. They are spoiled. I am working on an idea for my parakeet that I got from a book about using an actual tree for his play area instead of just branches or perches. I am leaning toward a citrus tree but I am not sure if a plant light would be enough to sustain it. I am going to talk to some of my co-workers first. The dogs have a digging problem. I am not finished with the plans yet but I think the floor will have bricks and a new bigger doghouse that I can heat in the winter. The duck is going to have a small pond instead of the pool that she is outgrowing fast. I may do a little pump driven waterfall. My pets really help me to de-stress. I need them so much more than they need me.
6) I have not picked the full list of the 12 books I am planning to study from the Bible. I think Acts, Daniel, Revelations, and one of the gospels will be included. I will end with Revelations because it will be the most difficult. I should have the full list and be started by my next post.
7) Year round monthly gardening crops or projects. -My first group of seedlings is ready to be bumped up (moved to larger containers). Growing seedlings takes daily attention to watering and sun exposure. I have several different types of Zinnias. This is my favorite flower and I usually do then in the spring. I wanted to try then in the fall and see if they do well enough to bloom and give me some more seeds. I also have some tomato, cucumber, cauliflower, and broccoli. After I bump these up, I am going to plant my kale seeds in the seedling trays. I will try to sow peas too but the go directly in the ground so I want to do it after the next few days of rain storms have passed.
I am going to keep plugging along with these goals. By far the hardest one for me is the first. It is becoming such a problem. I stay stressed out over situations that I do not have the power to change. My energy is precious and I am trying to learn when and how to set limits. Prayers are appreciated as I am learning how to do this. God bless!