I thought I would see where I am in my goals so far.
1. I have learned how to say no to people. It still feels a bit like pulling off a band-aid but it is getting easier. My family is benefiting from the decrease in my stress level.
2. I am almost caught up on my medical appointments now. Not fun but necessary.
3 Weight. Hmmm. Well I have gained back a little so I need to adjust my calories to fix that.
4.De-clutter. Hi! My name is Pam and I am a clutterholic. I am not a full-fledged hoarder but I do hang on to things that I do not need. I am sort of lost on how to change this even though I want to badly.
5. My pets. They are happy and my next step is to work on the ducks’ pool. I want to put a bigger one out there so they can both swim at the same time. I am contemplating doing an in-ground one on the advice of a friend from work.
6. I have not stuck to my Bible reading schedule. I tend to skip around when I am reading so I am behind on this.
7. Have a crop or gardening project each month. This I am doing good with. I grew broccoli, cilantro, aloe, and some flowers this winter. I also planted several fruit trees. The spring and summer are the easiest time to garden so it’s all down hill for a while. My soil is prepared and I expect lots of tasty fruits and veggies.
I also planned on blogging much more than I have. The reason is that I lack confidence in myself. When someone is unkind to me it really hurts my feelings. Yet, I am very harsh on myself. I tend to belittle myself before anyone else even gets the chance. No matter what I say, do, or write, it never seems good enough for me. I started wondering what God must think of this. He might think that I am not thankful. After all he created me and picked out my talents. My negative thoughts are hindering my growth. Fear of failure and doubt are not options for someone who is truly seeking God’s purpose for their life. This can be applied to life in general or these particular goals I am trying to accomplish. Here is the verse that I feel sums this up for me.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
I hope this blesses you like it has blessed me.