It’s August and that’s means only a little more than a month remains of Year 2. This year has seemed to go by faster than the first. It’s time to take stock and see what I can accomplish and start praying for guidance about Year 3 goals. Some may just have to roll over.
Here’s where I need to pick up the slack:
1. Bible Study- I need to make time each day to read and more than just my e-mail devotionals.
2. Relationship- Keep putting God first and let him lead us to our future destination
3. Blog- I am doing well but have to make myself do the two for Stars in Her Eye. Sometimes I get so tired, I put it on the back burner.
4. Health- I’ve been sick of you may know. I have done so well with water intake and have greatly reduced my caffeine intake. The biggest thing is not to let my illness ruin my life.
5. Friendships-I have been doing well with letter and Facebook check-ins. The first half of the year I was too busy to travel much and, lately, been too sick to travel much. I will continue to keep them in my prayers and start working on cool Christmas presents.
6. Exercise- I had a regiment. Then I got sick, and I can’t do it. I do have a 12 minute workout I can do sitting down. I have to make myself do it three times a week and not get lazy just because I hurt.
7. Savings- Try to sit down and do a budget. That’s all that is left in that regard.
I can make headway, and I refuse to get discouraged. But I have enough faith to know that if I don’t reach these goals, there is a reason. I may not have learned the lesson I needed or don’t quite understand where I need to be. God will take care of me this year and the next.