Three years ago on this date my friends and I embarked on a journey that only had one destination: getting closer to God. My life has changed tremendously within the last three years and I think it is because I (we) have taken this challenge seriously. This year I wanted to have some measurable goals and some more intrinsically motivated goals. I wanted them to be balanced because..well life is not always black and white and I need to explore those areas that are in between.
This year I would like to use a model I think Kelly and Beyondai have used in the past; one that seems more holistic in nature. My goals will be broken down in the Seven areas of wellness ( I believe that’s the correct title)
- Emotional: I am going to work extremely hard on being more present in the moment with my family, friends and other events. I tend to detach (not purposely) into the technology world. I will be on my phone or Facebook quite often and this has lead to me missing out on some moments. I will also work hard to keep myself healthy emotionally. I tend to repress how I feel and that has lead to some pretty interesting and probably unnecessary beefs and misunderstandings. I will work hard to be genuine with my feelings (if I am mad..say I am mad and not “i’m fine”).
- Social: I will join more groups or organizations that are on the paths of my passion. I am very passionate about youth and the disadvantaged and have dedicated the last almost decade of my life to these causes. BUT i have struggled to make new friends in the City and hope that by joining agencies that fuel my passions I will meet like-minded individuals and maybe make new friends.
- Spiritual: I want to embody everything that God wants me to be. I have a book on becoming the Proverbs 31 Woman and I want to take this task seriously ( I never finished the book). I also want to read through the Bible this year..a task I haven’t done the last two years..so third times the charm right??? To aid with this goal I will utilize various reading plans.
- Occupational; I am challenging myself to learn more about my job and jobs that I might be interested in. I would love to find an agency/company that would have tuition reimbursement and help me get my MSW.
- Intellectual: I love to read, always have. The issue is I have reading ADD and literally start a million books and never finish. My goal this year is to start and finish a minimum of three books
- Physical– Before I had an asthma attack in July of this year I was going to the gym about two-to-three times a week. The attack scared me so bad and I haven’t been back in three months! My goal is to get back to a regular form of exercise through out the week.
- Environment– Lilly my plant died…maybe a month after I bought her. I left her outside and totally forgot to water her..and she perished like every other living plant I have ever had. My goal this year..is to find something green and let it grow for this year…*fingers crossed*
Well good people in Blog land those are my goals for this year. I pray that God continues to reveal Himself to me more and more each day. 🙂