Happy New Year!! It is such a blessing to have made it through one more year. Amen? Amen! It was a year of ups and downs but always laughs. Before beginning Radical Year 2014, I would like to take the time to update you all on my personal progress on my current goals.
1. Find a new church home. I visited two new churches, onea non denominational church and one a Church of Christ. I visited both churches twice. With the Church of Christ, I liked the way the pastor of the church connected different verses in the bible to his main message that he was teaching. What turned me off from this particular church is his consistent need to say the Church of Chrisy is the only way to truth and that all other churches, are imposters. I’m not sure if there is just one church that you can get salvation from, I would like to think not but I couldn’t see myself listening to that, every Sunday. I then decided to visit my sister’s church in Selma. It was a little larger congregration than what I was looking for, but I did love that they had active ministries ( youth, women, praise team).It definitely had the upbeat feel I was looking for but something was still missing for me. So, currently, I am still going to my home church but I hope to resume my search for another to call my home.
2. Gain more experience in event planning. I haven’t done an actual event, but I have created an idea board for a gender reveal/ baby shower party. My plan for 2014 is to plan and execute (with the help of siblings) my mother’s 65th Birthday Extravaganza. I also plan to create more idea boards. Any ideas are welcomed.
3. Create a business plan for my nonprofit business. ?…does it count that I’ve been thinking about it?
4. Begin an online business. I’m happy to report on November 1st that I opened my online store. It has had steady business since I’ve opened it. My plan is to incorporate more jewelry/accessory theme talk to boost foot traffic on my sites.
5. Become a semi vegetarian. (…) does it count that I researched recipes?
6. Continued Education in mental health. I honestly forgot that this one was on my goals list :-\. I haven’t read any books in anything pertinent to my current population but I have read articles related to working mothers.
7. Develop my online blog. I have done one blog post before 2013 ended. My plan is to do at least one a month. Ive created blog topics that I think will be helpful for me.
With my Radical 7 goals, I really don’t create New Year resolutions but I have created a slogan for 2014: to LIVE WITH INTENTION.
Still Pushing With Resolve,